Friday, April 12, 2013

The Outing To Devour Fish

Hey people, I'm back!

Many apologies for the late update this week; I've been rather distracted with some personal stuff lately, but all is well now (I hope) :D

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>


So last week, on Thursday the 4th of April, we had a club outing! Yay! We started out with watching a movie, The Croods, at West Mall (at Bukit Batok, in Singapore, in Southeast Asia...), then proceeded to JCube for dinner at Manhattan's (at JCube, at Jurong East, etc etc...). Fairly standard fare for an outing.

The movie was pretty cute and all, but the most striking thing bout us watching a movie is, well, us :P SPKC is always the loudest group, no matter where we go or what we do. As can be seen from when we watch a show targeted at kids and end up laughing the loudest and hardest in the entire cinema. I take it to mean that we are all young kids at heart :3

Upon the movie's conclusion, I promptly utilized all I've learnt about footwork and movement towards perhaps the greatest and most pressing issue of all: getting to the toilet to relieve myself. It is at this time that I leave this serious warning to one and all: for your own sakes, never drink too much water before and/or while watching a movie.

Afterwards came the dinner at Manhattan's, where our group occupied a whopping 18 seats. We arrived in two batches, the first being the movie group who took the seats first, and the second being the non-movie group, inclusive of our ever lovable and blur Helpful Fish, Yu Fang. So after Fish and Co. arrived at Manhattan's, we ordered our food.

Towards the end of our meal, I began to heavily regret my choice in seating. I had forgotten that SPKC battles were not limited to the sparring field. For you see, I was seated within reach of Amirul and Ezan, who I now dub the Bandit Duo. I also ordered a mud pie for dessert. Thus began the heated Battle for The Mud Pie, where cutlery became weapons and underhandedness was not only encouraged, but a constant.

 ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>




The battle begins!


...and to the winner goes the spoils! 



Scavenging for remains!

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>


I wasn't the only one with mud pie, actually. Yet the others were perfectly safe; no bandits dared brave the wraths of sensei Bryan and senior Ying Zhi. Dessert aside, we also came into luck! Somehow they messed up the orders and we got a free Fish n' Chips, which... did not survive long at all (a quarter each to Hiok Ann, Ezan, Amirul and yours truly, though my portion was later donated to my fishy sister).

Throughout the meal, I noticed many many times that people kept staring at us for how loud and boisterous we were. SPKC is lively, people! Good job! *thumbs up*




><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>


To end off, Yu Fang has asked me to request that all current members fill up a form in the following link, for administrative purposes: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Xi398SBXIzpn-8oQ9kRrmXu9Ga1q_RJtQhd-9BXubF0/viewform

That's all for this one, folks!


Kenji The Hedgedog
SPKC Webmaster 2013

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am a first year student in SP and like to join SP kenjutsu. But I would like to ask, am I late to join and have others started already? Also where and how do I apply?
    -Nigel

    ReplyDelete